What is the difference between quartz glass and ordinary glassinsolltools
What is the difference between quartz glass and ordinary glass?
When it comes to quartz glass, I believe that many people do not know what it is, and of course some do. It has a series of excellent properties unparalleled by ordinary glass, and is praised as “the king of glass” by experts in the field of new materials.
1. Different hardness
The hardness of the former can generally reach Mohs 7, while the hardness of the latter can generally only reach about 5.5 to 6.
2. Different light transmission performance
The former can transmit infrared and ultraviolet rays, while the latter cannot.
3. Different colors
The former are generally colorless, and the latter are generally colored.
4. Different high temperature resistance
After the former is burned red, it is not easy to burst even if it is placed in water immediately, and the latter will burst immediately once it is burned.
What are the precautions for the use of quartz glass
1. The products made are generally valuable products, so when you take the products, you must be careful and handle them with care.
2. The high temperature resistance of quartz glass is limited, so when you use it, you must not exceed the specified temperature. If it exceeds, it will easily lead to softening or crystallization.
3. If the quartz glass needs to be used in a high temperature environment, it should be wiped clean first, then soaked in laundry detergent, and then treated with alcohol. In order to avoid damage to the skin, it is recommended that you wear gloves during the operation, and you should not touch the quartz glass with your hands.
4. It is an acidic material. If it is used in a high temperature environment, it is absolutely not allowed to contact quartz glass and alkaline substances. If it is accidentally touched, it will easily lead to the decline of the anti-crystallization performance.