CBN Inserts for machining “Soft” Workpiece
三月 7, 2018
The Key Points for Turning with CBN Inserts
• CBN is characterized by the hardness of about 4500 HV. The high hardness of CBN enables it to machine
the hard materials at high speeds and feeds.
• The successful hard part turning demands not only the suitable CBN cutting tools, but also the suitable
conditions, preparation and environment.
When CBN inserts for machining the workpiece (about HRC20-HRC40), the follow points need to be noticed :
– Avoid burrs
– Keep close dimensional tolerances
– Do not enter or exit cut suddenly
– Enter and exit by planning radius movements
– Use wiper inserts to achieve better surface finish